Explore eFXplus Derived Data That Drive Results
A Data Partner of:
Refinitiv
Oct 30 - 10:55 AM

EUR/USD: A Simulation For 1-3M Outcome Space From A Series Of Binary Events - Danske

By eFXdata  —  Oct 30 - 09:30 AM

Danske Research discusses EUR/USD outlook over the next three months comes from a series of binary events.

"We are looking at four independent binary events, i.e. four draws from a Bernoulli distribution, with probabilities and payoffs given by our subjective opinion. 

Roughly, there is a 60% chance the US election yields fiscal stimulus, which takes EUR/USD two figures higher; conversely, 40% for a three figure drop. 

We expect the EU budget to be approved at 75%/25% with payoff -3/+1.

Brexit is dealt with at 60%/40% and a skewed payoff around -3/+1. 

Lastly, pent-up demand (vaccine) is released in Q1, with the probability 60%/40%, payoff -2/+2," Danske notes. 

"From this, we do a simulation (Chart 1). It shows the 1-3M outcome space for spot is similar to a credit bond. We see a long left-tail of ‘catastrophic’ events such as no fiscal support in the US, no-deal Brexit and so on. In this light, EUR/USD is set to shift higher almost solely in the absence of bad news, albeit clearly risks are skewed on the downside," Danske adds. 

n48.PNG

 

Source:
Danske Research/Market Commentary

Subscription

  • eFXplus
  • End-user license agreement (EULA)

About

  • About
  • Contact Us

Legal

  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
© 2020 eFXdata · All Rights Reserved
!